Friday, February 2, 2007

The Mask Raiders

I bought a mask near Hang Dao Street the other day (cost 5,000 VND or SGD 0.50) and it's really cute, with a picture of a cat sewn on it. I used to have this fear about masks because it reminded me of SARS. But here in Hanoi, it is so common to wear masks that it is like a mini fashion statement. The roads in Hanoi tend to be a little dusty so it helps to cover ur face when u r walking or riding on a motorbike. For ladies, the mask also doubles up as a "sunblock" that protects their fair complexion. I used my mask yesterday while walking to the gym (it's a 10 mins' walk) and felt a bit silly. I mean, it seems as though a little bit of dirt will kill me?? But I guess a layer of protection on top of my sunblock will be useful. I will try to wear it again today.. and be natural about it like everyone else. :)

1 comment:

Nineteeneleventh said...

Hey, be careful when you use the mask not to get suntan lines.