Monday, April 28, 2008

Welcome to Taipei (Part 6) - 龙山寺+Farewell

It was our last morning here so we thought we would make a trip to 龙山寺, a famous temple in Taipei.

There's a Long Shan Si Underground Shopping Mall opposite the temple but it had not opened when we were there as it was too early. Still, I would never associate a temple with a shopping mall so I thought the link was quite ... err...

L recalled that there's an interesting herb alley next to the temple so we decided to venture there as well. To say that it's a herb alley is no joke. There are tons of different types of herbs and herbal drinks sold there. It's quite a small, twirling walk but we had fun browsing around.

Mousie's mum sent us off to the airport that afternoon. Felt really bad to trouble her but she was very kind and insisted on doing so. It's like we had already given her so much trouble putting up at her place for one week.

Food for Thought
I enjoyed my trip to Taipei very thoroughly, thanks to Mousie and L. It was great catching up with my old friend again... and I enjoyed my daily night chats with her. It's the first time that I went on a trip with a friend so I was very excited + L turned out to be a great holiday planner! She had a good sense of direction too which helped since I am "direction-less".

Taipei is a very vibrant city, with lots to see, shop and eat. However, it didn't come across as enchanting compared to Rome or Florence. Perhaps the city is too similar to Singapore. I guess it's also partly because we didn't get to see the scenic sights like 阿里山 due to the typhoon. But it's a city that I would love to visit again. This time, I would not hesitate to enjoy the yummy snacks. I can always go on a diet when I come back. :p

No comments: