Saturday, April 5, 2008

I WON!

I finally won a Domination Victory and according to the game, displayed the qualities of "Augustus Caesar"!

Introduced by M, I am currently hooked to a game called "Civilisation". It's a strategy game where you take on the role of a warlord and start your own civilisation. You begin building your empire by learning technologies such as agriculture, mining and animal husbandry; finding a religion e.g. Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism, Christianity; and establishing diplomatic relations with your neighbours.

There are several ways of winning this game:
1. Diplomatic victory i.e. gaining points through building close ties with other warlords;
2. Domination victory i.e. conquering or eliminating other civilisations;
3. Cultural victory i.e. having strong cultural influence through religion or arts; and
4. Space victory i.e. being the first to launch the space shuttle in your time!

The game is quite tricky because it simulates real life scenarios. For instance, when I was engaged in pursuing a domination victory, I worked my civilians hard in increasing the military buildup. As I neglected the other aspects of their health and education, they became very unhappy and went on strike! Also, if you have business trading with another civilisation, you will be financially impacted when you wage a war on them, thus causing you to slow down in the churn of war equipment.

For this victorious game, I chose to be "Kublai Khan" and my Mongolian empire expanded till it took up 64% of the total land population. I can't believe I am so proud for nothing!

No comments: