Sunday, April 6, 2008

Cafe Tigon @ Hanoi Club

I finally had my first golf practice today after more than 2 months of break due to my flu. The weather was a little warm but that didn't affect our moods. We took a short cab ride to Hanoi Club and began swinging away. I was pleased to note that M has improved a lot since I last watched him play. Luckily, I wasn't doing too badly myself. Definitely lots of room for improvement but at least the ball flew up the air instead of rolling into the lake which it used to do.

After 1.5 hours of practising, we had lunch at a cafe in the club, called Cafe Tigon. As the chef is a Malaysian, authentic Singaporean and Malaysian dishes can be enjoyed here. I ordered a wan ton soup with pho which was good as there were real pieces of char siew (unlike other stalls which used pork slices) while M had a seafood horfun. The horfun was quite a small serving and overwhelmed by the gravy. It was not as good as we expected. :( We also had a small plate of tim sum (har kow and siew mai) which tasted really delicious. I concluded it's because shrimp filling was used instead of the usual pork meat. But the taste was just right! Couldn't help but make a special mention of the tim sum in my entry here.


Wan Ton Pho - yummy!

Seafood Horfun - a little too much gravy

As we were about to leave, I remembered that E once mentioned the bread in Hanoi Club is yummy so I bought a wholemeal loaf to try. Took a little bite when I came back and the texture was good. The crust was crisp but the inside was soft yet chewy. Gosh, I think I will get hooked to it pretty soon!

It was quite an enjoyable Sunday for me. :)

Cafe Tigon @ Hanoi Club
76 Yen Phu (1st Floor, next to the pool)
Tay Ho, Hanoi

No comments: