Saturday, April 19, 2008

Baan Thai Restaurant

My first Thai experience in Hanoi actually began along Cha Ca street!

The infamous grilled fish street!

Hee.. As mentioned in my earlier blog, Cha Ca is a famous dish in Hanoi so when M told me that there was a pretty decent Thai restaurant at Cha Ca Street (the lane with multiple grilled fish restaurants), I was quite surprised.

The restaurant was quite small but clean. When we arrived, there were only two other tables taken up. M mentioned that the portions were quite big so we decided to order two dishes to share: green curry with chicken and vegetables with prawn paste & grilled fish.

The green curry - not spicy enough for us

I love the prawn paste dip!

The grilled fish...

The food was quite good except the curry was really not spicy at all! We didn't get to try a variety of the dishes though since there were only two of us. The total bill came up to be VND 180,000 (SGD 17) which was decent since we ordered some drinks as well. But I probably won't go there again since I can find better quality Thai food in Singapore. :)

Baan Thai Restaurant and Hotel
3b Cha Ca Street
Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
Tel: 04-8288588

No comments: