Saturday, April 19, 2008

Freshly Ground Coffee at Cafe Mai

The other day, A wanted to buy ground coffee for her friends so we went to Cafe Mai. There were several varieties to choose from, Expresso, Ngon, Moca, Arabica, etc. All smelt the same to me though H highly recommended Expresso. He said it's thick and good. A bought both Expresso and Moca and I had fun snapping pictures at the coffee shop.

The shop boasts of selling coffee beans roasted according to the traditional French method. I have no idea what this meant but since the coffee is so popular among the locals, it should be good. I never knew that freshly ground coffee was so aromatic. Very enticing even for a non-coffee lover like me.

The cafe also serves coffee at its branch across the street. So it's a perfect pick-me-up perk for locals who would sit at cafes and sip a cup of coffee before they start their day.

See the different types of coffee beans on display outside?

A closer peek at the beans...

The beans are placed into the grinder before the powder is packed.

No comments: