Monday, April 7, 2008

Yummy Quiche Lunch

Y invited a few of us over for "quiche" lunch today. I had wanted to go over earlier and learn from her as she's a wonderful cook but by the time I arrived, it was 11.30am and most of the work was done. Still I managed to catch the final action of pouring the cream over the pastry sheet so I guess that was a nice "finishing touch". :)

Fresh from the oven!

I just couldn't wait!

K bought two baguettes from Press Club, recommended by Y, and they were very nice and cheap. While the local baguettes are nice, they lack the chewy texture so I have been on a "baguette search" for a while. Now I know where to get them. :p

Nicely sliced baguette from Press Club

Besides quiche and baguette, Y also made a plate of steamed vegetables. It sounds really simple but Y has the magical ability of making simple dishes look welcoming. She also made a dip mixing sour cream with mayonnaise. I never knew that this combination would taste so good! Now I have another idea when eating my boiled vegetables. :)

Steamed vegetables

Dessert was soft brownie with chocolate fudge. Y humbly said that there was not much effort put in as she bought the easy-to-bake pre-packed fudge mixture. But it's really not as easy and it tasted good too. I wasn't able to finish my serving coz' I was already too full from gobbling down all the vegetables earlier.

A simple yet delicious and satisfying meal, thanks to Y. Yumz.

No comments: