Wednesday, March 7, 2007

The Quest for Friends in Hanoi

I had lunch with one of my Singaporean friends, S, today and she introduced me to several new friends. Really enjoyed myself v much with them. Most of them are like me, wives of husbands posted here and unable to find permanent jobs. Unlike me, they have found one another through various coincidences (one of them shared that she met another lady at a cafe and started chatting because they realised each other could speak Cantonese!) and bonded as a group. They will enthusiastically make an effort to fill their time with various activities, such as tennis, furniture scouting, baking, cooking, etc so that life in Hanoi is not so lonely or aimless. It's really amazing. I guess I should really learn from them how to occupy myself here, instead of always wining about having too much time on my hands. Deep in thought...

P.S. The weather in Hanoi is now back to the normal winter mode, with temperature ranging from 14 to 18 degrees. Back to the cold winter that I like so much. :)

1 comment:

Nineteeneleventh said...

Have you been travelling? How come you're not updating your website? We really miss you here....Glad you've found new kakis to hang out with, but you mustn't forget us, k? =)