Sunday, August 3, 2008

CBielo Italian Restaurant

I still haven't managed to figure out the name of the restaurant so apologies if it is wrong. A look at the signboard didn't really help and I forgot to clarify this with the waitress. She would probably have given me an indignant look. :) Anyway, yesterday, M and I popped by this small Italian eatery near our house for lunch. It wasn't our first choice but well, the restaurant that we wanted to try had closed down.

The restaurant used to be quite "dingy" looking as we came here two years back. It certainly looks much better now.

The exterior

The interior

We ordered a spinach pie for starter (It was a wrong order as I thought it was a spinach salad) and two main courses: pizza with ham and mushrooms as well as spaghetti with bacon, tomatoes and chilli.

The spinach pie was quite hot and nice. A little greasy though as I tend not to like puff pastries.


The pizza was a disappointment. The crust was bland and tasteless and the toppings miserable.


M liked the spaghetti while I thought it was only average.


It was definitely not a restaurant that I would recommend to others though I did find the service rather good.

CBielo Italian Restaurant
172 Xuan Dieu
Tay Ho, Hanoi
Tel: 04-2153103

No comments: