Thursday, June 26, 2008

Casual Dining at Al Fresco's (Hai Ba Trung)

Following from my earlier post on our trip to Cat Ba last month, we arrived in Hanoi at 6pm on Sunday (11 May) after a long car ride. M was rather sweet and suggested that we dine out so that I didn't have to cook (I prefer to eat at home because home cook food is healthier). I wasn't too hungry as we were both snacking away in the bus on our way back, so we decided to try Al Fresco's.

There is a branch along Xuan Dieu, where I stay but I was told that the food served at Al Fresco's (Hai Ba Trung) was much better. Well, I thought the decor and ambience was definitely better at Hai Ba Trung as it gave a much more cozy feeling.

The welcoming feel of casual dining...

The interior...

M ordered a cheezy spaghetti (I am not kidding.. the entire plate was covered with cheese) while I ordered a garlic bread to share and a portion of pygmy ribs. M liked his spaghetti a lot though I was turned off by the amount of cheeze in it. The garlic bread was nice but too oily. I enjoyed my ribs though. The meat was tender and soft.. and the sauce was yummy!

The french loaf in Hanoi is good...

Yummy yummy ribs...

Cheezy spaghetti!

Our meal there was quite satisfactory if not for the total lack of vegetables.. but it was still a good meal. :)

Al Fresco's
23L Hai Ba Trung
Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
Tel: 04-826 7782

No comments: