Saturday, June 14, 2008

Counting my Blessings

Many thanks to all my friends who prayed for my dad upon reading my previous post. I am really thankful for your concern and well-wishes.

My dad went for his medical review yesterday (after one month of treatment) and we were all elated when the doctor shared that he was responding well to the treatment. While his cancer cannot be eradicated as it has spreaded to his bones, we hope that his condition can be kept under control for as long as possible.

We had a "mini-celebration" during lunch and it was probably the first hearty meal my parents had since my dad was diagnosed with cancer. Many relatives called to ask about the results of my dad's review. I was very touched when Aunt C came all the way down from her office to lend my dad her support.

Now, I am learning to count my blessings every day. Every moment with my parents becomes extremely precious as I am not sure how much time I have with them. But I am thankful that I am given a chance to relish all moments while I can. This, perhaps, is a form of blessing too.

2 comments:

karen said...

That's great news! Happy Father's Day to your day!

Take care!

Coach Magdalene said...

Hi, I came across your blog while doing some research on my upcoming trip to Hanoi. I've enjoyed reading your personal experiences. Thank you for your sharing. We are blessed to have our loved ones with us and we cannot take all this for granted. Do take care and hold on to your faith. God bless.