Friday, June 27, 2008

Thai Vine Restaurant

L was heading back to Singapore with her hubby the next day so we wanted to catch up before she left. As I haven't been feeling too well the past few days due to the heat, L was real sweet to come all the way west today to lunch at Thai Vine, a Thai restaurant near my house.

When I stepped into the restaurant, I noted that the interior decor of the restaurant was very exquisite. Besides the wall paintings, the owner also decorated the place with numerous artefacts and drapes from Thailand. Aesthetically very pleasing to the eye.

Look at the effort of the owner in decorating the restaurant...

The wall painting...

The artefacts...

Guess what this is? A chopstick holder! Isn't it cute?

We ordered the Thai prawn cake and two salads (L and I are both salad lovers): glass noodle salad with prawns and minced meat as well as Thai green mango salad with prawns. The restaurant also gave us a sampler of two new dishes: minced duck meat with basil and pandan fried chicken. They tasted quite nice though I found the chicken a little too oily.

The sampler dishes

The prawn cake arrived hot from the kitchen. The exterior was real crispy while soft on the inside. Coupled with the orange flavoured sauce, it was rather well-done. The two salads turned out to be average, much to my disappointment. The sauces were not too good and tasted too sweet for my liking.

The prawn cake - almost finished before I remembered to take a pic!

The green mango salad

The glass noodle salad

Given the high price and average tasting food, I don't think I would go to Thai Vine anytime soon. The ambience of the place and service of the staff were excellent though.

Thai Vine
31A Xuan Dieu
Tay Ho, Hanoi
Tel: 04-7191448

No comments: