Saturday, May 12, 2007

重温三国演义的日子

Haven't been updating my blog for the last 3 weeks as I was back in Singapore. Spent lots of time with my family, esp my dearest mum, and had lots of fun. This was the longest time that M and I spent in Singapore together, so we went furniture shopping and food exploring. He was really gorging down the local delicacies such as chilli crab, prata, satay and char kway teow while I ate almost fish soup every meal because I missed it SOOOOO MUCH! It's my favourite dish in Singapore! Am also very proud because I managed to find the Pontian Wan Ton Mee at Heeren. Read about it in the newspapers but have not been able to find it. Finally, my mum and I chanced upon Graffiti Cafe on the 5th floor and ta-dah, we found the noodles. It tasted pretty good at a low cost of $2.80. Thumbs Up!

Came back to Hanoi on 10 May and the weather has been quite erratic (what's new?). Fluctuates between scorching hotness, damp rains and cool breezes. Well, if I were ever given a choice to design my weather for the day, it would be damp rains at night (so that I can sleep well), cool breezes in the morning (as I am home most of the time) and heat waves in the afternoon (as I hide myself in the gym).

Anyway, M managed to find the latest version of DVDs for 三国演义 (Romance of the Three Kingdoms) so we have been huddling up watching the disc after disc. It's our favourite TV series and book of all times but M is definitely a crazier fan. The story engages me because there's so much intelligence and wit displayed in the conversations, characters and plots. M's favourite character is 周瑜 while I struggle between 赵云 and 诸葛亮. I admire 赵云 for his courage while for 诸葛亮, it is his ability to devise impressive strategies within the shortest possible time and willingness to serve his master 刘备 (whom I feel is far inferior to him in the story) that touches me.

My RTK craze is hitting me again......"出师未捷身先死,常使英雄泪满襟。" See what I mean?

No comments: