Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My First Lessons...

Surprisingly, I had quite a lot of activities packed in the last 2 weeks for myself. Here are some quite snippets of what I did:

My First Tennis Lesson
Went for my first tennis lesson last Friday. I was quite hesistant initially because I wasn't sure whether I would injure myself. In JC, we had tennis lessons during PE but I never enjoyed a moment of it (the PE teacher peppered our lessons with too much scoldings!). However, after seeing how enthusiastic my friend, L, was about tennis, I decided to give it a try. My first lesson was on the correct posture of receiving serves, both front hand and back hand. It turned out to be quite enjoyable because the coach did not give me any pressure. When my posture was incorrect, he would casually show me the correct position and wait for me to adjust accordingly. It was quite relaxing and enjoyable. I had lots of fun hitting the balls over the net... Though my arms were aching slightly the following day. :)

My First Visit to the Pet Shop
Fooled you! I wasn't talking abt real pets. This Pet Shop is a "Made in Vietnam" brand of clothings and accessories. I walked past the shop several times but never stopped to take a look, until last week. L and I had lunch at a nearby Japanese restaurant called "Kye" and dropped by Vincom Towers to walk around (and digest the heavy lunch that we had). We decided to take a look at the shop.. and gosh.. realised that it was filled with adorable stuff at cool prices! From children's clothes to bags to pillows and cushions, we were overwhelmed. We spent nearly one hour there browsing through the stuff... and I made quite a HUGE victory purchases at LOW costs.

Here are some of my proud bargains (for my three lovely nieces: Aa, Yy and Je):

Isn't this adorable? I like the design of the dress.. esp the drawstrings...

Aren't the kittens cute?

My favourite... I wish I can fit into one of these...

My First Taste of Omai
L introduced this to me and I don't know whether I should thank her. Omai is a Vietnamese word for preserved dried fruits. Since she offered me some of these, I went to buy close to 5 containers (like those round containers that our hawkers use when we tah pau wan ton mee) of omai.. and couldn't stop munching! I will take a bite after breakfast, sneak a piece after lunch and munch non-stop after dinner. Now I am addicted... Ahhh! Somebody help me!! Gone are my diet plans.. I have probably put on 2 kgs since last week.. from all the over-eating of dried fruits...

My First Yoga Lesson
Had a wonderful yoga lesson at Yoga Hanoi. I have been wanting to take it up for a long time but couldn't find any suitable (i.e. English speaking) and reasonably priced (not USD 10 per lesson pls) instructors. Couldn't believe my luck when I learnt about this new yoga place from my Hong Kong friend K, and it's only 5 mins' walk from my house! The instructor, Kirsten, was really good. She stressed a lot of making your body feel comfortable and enjoying the entire lesson, which of course I did. At the end of the workout, I felt stretched and relaxed. I want to go again! And K also introduced me to 2 other japanese friends: Ka and Ma. They are so friendly and kawaii.

I think Hanoi is beginning to get more interesting and enjoyable for me! :)

No comments: