Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter Sunday!

Happy Easter Sunday to everyone!
The weather in Hanoi is perfect today, cool and sunny. Woke up this morning to some fairly nice singing in the neighbourhood. There are a couple of foreign families staying nearby and I guess they r celebrating Easter today. The supermarket near my house has been flooded with Easter goodies, like Kinder Bueno eggs, rabbit soft toys, sweets, etc. Though I dun celebrate Easter, it's nice to have this festive mood lingering around the neighbourhood.

M and I had originally planned to catch a movie at one of the new cinemas in Hanoi, called Megastar Complex, followed by a nice lunch at a Japanese restaurant. However, he is suffering from a severe stiff neck while I am plagued with a nagging body ache, so we had to postpone our plans. I was quite disappointed. However, I cheered myself up by cooking a simple lunch which includes spicy belacan kangkong! Okie, it was not tat fantastic but M commented my cooking skills have improved compared to when I first came to Hanoi, so I am fairly pleased... Now I m thinking of experimenting a new tofu dish for dinner.. Keeping my fingers crossed...

P.S. I like this bunny becoz it resembles a pink rabbit tat I had when I was v young. I will carry it around everywhere.. But it got v dirty and my mum had to throw it away. :(

No comments: