Sunday, April 1, 2007

April Fool's Thoughts

Happy April Fool's Day!

This used to be one of my favourite days in primary school becoz I enjoyed pulling little tricks on my classmates. Some common ones include teasing my friends tat there was a test tat day which they din study for, homework due dates being brought forward, etc. I do get a few pale faces here and there becoz I was known then as a "goody two shoes" type of student so my friends place a lot of trust in me (which I abused on April Fool's Day). Now that I think of it, some of the tricks were so "obvious" and it's really unbelievable tat my friends would fall for them.. but I guess we were all young once...

As I grew older, April Fool's Day became less exciting and often forgotten. I mean, who remembers a "non-public holiday" day when you r busy mugging for your "O" and "A" Levels? I was too busy then trying to figure out all the physics formulas and chemical reactions, as well as charting down my progress chart for the important year end exams. Taking a step back, I wonder if this was the right way to spend my teenage years? My life was simply focused on my studies. Sure, I did fairly well for all my exams (not incredible grades but good enough to progess to a good JC and local university) but as my mum aptly commented: I do not know anything beyond my cirriculum. I guess one tends to easily lose focus of what is really important in life. I wish I had a clear focus then on what I wanted to be as a person: a studious straight "As" student or an average grader who knew what was happening around him. Given a choice now, I would chose the latter.

I am not sure whether I am making any sense here.. but this is just my two cents' worth on April Fool's Day.. (",)

No comments: