Saturday, December 22, 2007

Shots of Hanoi Old Quarters

N and her husband, R, came to Hanoi last Wednesday and I was really excited because I haven't seen her for a long time. It's really funny coz when we are together, we bicker a lot but I do miss her quite a bit when I don't see her.

Anyway, N and R managed to spare one day for me on Thursday to bring them sight-seeing around Hanoi. We went to the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum in the morning before heading off to the Old Quarters. I brought them to Hang Gai (where the silk stuff are sold), Hang Dao & Hang Ngang (to see some sports shirts) and Dong Xuan Market. We also dropped by the DVD stores in Hang Bac. It was fun browsing around though we didn't get anything much. Lunch was at a halal restaurant in Hanoi and the owner happened to be R's friend, which was quite amazing! The food was good and I especially enjoyed the teh tarik.

In the late afternoon, R wanted to try the Vietnamese coffee so I brought them to Highlands Cafe near Hoan Kiem. Not my top choice location but we didn't have a choice as M was using the car for work. :( Luckily, he enjoyed his coffee. While chatting, I took some photos of the crowded street scenes in Hanoi. This was the first time I am taking pictures despite having been there numerous times!

A common street sight in Hanoi (Hang Duong)

The bus terminal near Hoan Kiem Lake

At a traffic junction (minus the lights)

Look at the numerous motorbikes!

In the evening, we brought N and R to watch the water puppet show before having dinner together at the same halal restaurant. See how much we like the place? *grins* Will be dining with N and R again tomorrow night and really looking forward to catching up with them. They are off to Halong Bay and Tam Coc these few days so didn't have much chance to catch up with them. Hope that their tour in Northern Vietnam has been enjoyable... :)

No comments: