Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Cooking Lesson at Hilton Hotel

The Hanoi International Women's Club (HIWC) organises a cooking session at Hilton Hotel for interested learners on a monthly basis. This is really popular amongst the ladies here because we get to learn from an experienced chef, Chef Theo, who often shares useful cooking tips with us. Typically, he will give a step-by-step demonstration on how to prepare 3 dishes in 2 hours. At the end of the demo, we will get to sample the food at generous portions. :)

Last Tuesday, we were shown how to make soups (tomato and asparagus) and dark chocolate brownie. The tomato soup was really very very good, esp since I am a tomato lover. The asparagus soup was a little creamy for me but tasty nonetheless. The dark chocolate brownie was HEAVENLY. The richness of the dark chocolate blended very well with the ground almonds. I was very tempted to finish the entire portion but had to resist. It wasn't the high calorie count that I was wary about, but rather the "jia lard" feeling that I dislike everytime I eat something very filling.

I wanted to take some pictures from the cooking session but didn't bring along my camera. Kat was very kind to share her photos with me. Here's some snippets, compliments from dear Kat. :)

The tedious process of making the asparagus soup...

The sinful brownie and delicious tomato soup (my fav of the day!)

No comments: