Monday, May 5, 2008

Moca Cafe - A Casual Dining Experience

As part of our weekly food rendevouz, M and I wanted to go to Totoya Japanese Restaurant for lunch last Saturday. However, we found out that most Japanese restaurants in town were closed over the long holiday (30 Apr and 1 May are PH in Hanoi) so we ended up at Moca Cafe instead.

Moca!

Along the happening street of Nha Tho

I have been to the cafe once previously but it was only for a drink with my friends. So lunch was new to me though I heard that the food was not bad. The ambience of the place is casual and nice, great for catching up with friends. Books and souveniors were also sold at a corner of the cafe so you could browse through them before your food was served.

The cafe was really crowded when we arrived. We managed to find a table near the entrance and settled down quickly before placing our orders. I decided on a Moca Special Sandwich (with grilled chicken and ham) while M decided to try a pasta dish.

My Moca Special Sandwich

M's pasta (I forgot the name though)

I was a little disappointed by my sandwich because the chicken was cold when served but I think it was meant to be that way. The sandwich also came with a huge serving of french fries which I didn't like. M's pasta turned out quite yummy.

It was a quick lunch for both of us as we were not hungry that day. The bill was about VND 168,000 so it was fairly reasonable. We had fun looking at the books though. It was rare to find English books in restaurants in Hanoi. :p

Moca Cafe
14-16 Nha Tho, Hoan Kiem District
Hanoi

No comments: