Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Sushi Tokyo Restaurant

I am really into a Jap food craze, isn't it? Sometimes I really wish that M was posted to Japan and I can eat all the delicious Jap food I want there!

Back to my entry, M and I went to a Jap restaurant near his office last Saturday for our weekly food hunt. We went there once previously and quite enjoyed the food. Since our driver was on leave last Saturday, we decided to eat somewhere near and M suggested this place, much to my delight. (Ok, give me any Jap restaurant and I will be happy.)


I asked M to make a reservation as I heard it was usually full during weekdays. Apparently, it was less crowded for weekends so we managed to get a table in a small room. The last time we had to eat by the bar counter.



I ordered my favourite Sushi Ladies' Set while M had a combo set of fried stuff. Our appetizers (grilled eggplant and potato stew) came first and I liked the grilled eggplant very much. The potato stew was ok though M, being a potato lover, thought it was rather nice.

Grilled eggplant

Potato Stew

My sushi (comprising of unagi roll + tuna + salmon + ika + sweet beancurd skin) was really delicious... even M felt so. I couldn't finish the whole plate by myself so M happily contributed by taking the unagi roll. He didn't really like his fried stuff set though. Felt that it was like eating in a fast food restaurant.

My fresh salad

Sushi!

M's fried combo set

After we have finished our main course, dessert was served. Today it was caramel custard which didn't look too good so I did not take a picture. I realised that most restaurants have stopped serving ice cream these days. Perhaps it's due to cost cutting measures. :(

The total bill came up to VND 266,000 for two persons which is around SGD 20. It's a really good price considering the good food and cozy ambience. Sushi Tokyo continues to be one of my favourite Japanese restaurants in Hanoi.

The Sushi Tokyo Restaurant
15 Ngo Trang Tien
Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
Tel: 04-936 4236

No comments: