Saturday, September 22, 2007

Bleu de Thuy - International Food

Located along the "Food Street" in Hanoi (Tong Duy Tan), Bleu de Thuy is a quaint and cozy restaurant that serves international cuisine at affordable prices. The service there is quite good, with friendly English-speaking waitresses.

The entrance of the restaurant.

M and I went there today for lunch because we both wanted to "break" my usual Japanese food routine. I ordered a salmon salad while M had a set lunch (main course + dessert) which consisted of pan seared shrimps and chocolate panacotta.

The home-made bread. I couldn't resist a second helping!

My half-eaten salmon salad. Forgot abt the picture earlier as I was hungry. :)

M's chocolate panacotta.

We both liked the bread though I was definitely crazier over it than M. It just tasted so soft and crusty! I enjoyed my salad too as the grilled salmon complemented well with the salad veggies. However, my favourite salad was still the mushroom salad (with duck meat and soba) which I didn't order today because I wanted to try something new. M's pan seared shrimps were quite disappointing too. The portion was small and he found it so-so. But he enjoyed the dessert which I found a little too sweet for my liking.

The salad cost VND 70,000 (around SGD 7) while the set lunch was VND 96,000 (ard SGD 9.60). Overall, I would say that it is value-for-$ though for guys, the portions could be a little too small.

Bleu de Thuy
Bar-Cafe-Restaurant
28, Tong Duy Tan, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
Tel: 04-9285900

No comments: