Sunday, September 23, 2007

Bread Attempt No. 2 on a Lazy Sunday

Today was another lazy Sunday for me. I didn't go anywhere as I just wanted to laze around at home.

Felt a little lousy in the morning as I was about to prepare toast for M when I saw that the loaf of white bread which I bought for him on Friday had gone mouldy (only 2 days + I had put it in the fridge!). There was only wholemeal bread left which I knew he didn't like but nevertheless, he still ate the sandwich that I prepared happily (I know he was pretending). But I was pleased that I managed to fry bee hoon for him for lunch as finally (God bless!), I bought the correct type of bee hoon! The last few times, I bought tang hoon instead because I couldn't understand the Vietnamese words. :(

While M was practising his golf at Hanoi Golf Club in the afternoon, I decided to make my own bread rolls. Found another recipe on the internet which looked "workable" but reduced the amount of sugar from 105 g to 75 g as I don't like my bread too sweet. Also shaped the rolls in a different way this time and they turned out quite well! Tadah (Look below)! I was quite pleased with my end product and M found it quite tasty too. (*Grins*)

Freshly baked bread rolls out from the oven...

Tomorrow's breakfast! :)

Had wanted to bake fish and cook a simple soup for dinner but realised at 5pm that we had run out of gas. Aargh! M suggested that we order pizza from a nearby restaurant, Al Fresco's, which I agreed. So we ended up having Hawaiian Pizza for dinner. Quite satisfying except that I thought it was too cheesy for me. Still prefer to make my own pizza. :)

A popular pizza eatery in Hanoi, Al Fresco's.

Our dinner!


Today's really not quite an eventful day but the nice aroma of my bread rolls made my day. :)

No comments: