Thursday, November 1, 2007

HoMe ALOnE

The weather in Hanoi has just turned cool today. Thoroughly enjoyable. I can stay inside my room with no air-conditioning required. Just checked the weather report and realised that it's 18 degrees outside. :) It's about time I take out my jacket from the cupboard. Just hope that this means winter is finally here.

M has been out entertaining the past few days which means I am very much HOME ALONE in the house. Now I understand how it feels to be alone here in the house. You wander around, watch TV, surf net and then finally realise how quiet the entire house it (less the occasional dog barks). Poor M had to endure this for the few months that I was back in Singapore. Perhaps I will be nicer to him and make him his favourite chicken stew on Sunday so as to lessen my guilt? Then again, he doesn't really think too highly of my cooking, though I insist that my culinary skills have improved compared to a year ago.

I have resolved to eat healthily for the next 3 weeks (at least) because my brother and I had a bet that I will look trimmer (he challenged 5 kg *gasps* which I refused to agree and eventually we compromised at a 2-kg weight loss) the next time I go back to Singapore. It's really amazing how our bodies function differently. I typically don't see much changes in my weighing scale despite my efforts at a healthier diet and more exercise. But.. my brother can lose his kilos easily just by cutting down on his carbo intake! (He just told me that he has lost 2 kg by eating 1 bowl less of rice i.e. from 3 bowls to current 2 bowls in 3 days.) Unfair!

Maybe the cold weather here can help me burn some excess calories? Well, I know I am dreaming because what will happen is that I will eat more and put on weight instead.

Why did I agree to the stupid challenge? *Sulks*

1 comment:

StormMummy said...

You still want to lose weight?? You're so skinny already!